Monday 9 April 2007

Hamilton


12 Mar Drive to HamiltonWe met the Rotorua MS Crowd, John, Heather Mike and Elllen for morning tea before a dash to Hamilton for Lunch with Janet Graham Bill Caroline Liz Deb and Mark .What a lovely City along the river. Here in the peace of the Novotel we regroup to play what must be one of the best chamber halls in the world, better than Philadelphia.
The beautiful Gallaher Concedrt Chamber has light spacious foyer overlooking its lake through gigantic picture windows. The hall is warm and intimate with perfect acoustic. I am promised that there is a good Steinway.
An evening visit with Graham and his wife – we inflicted my Pabst Concerto DVD on them , my antics caused great enjoyment – The heavens opened on the way back to the hotel and we wandered around the railway sidings in torrential rain, finally reaching the Novatel.

13 Mar I discovered that the Concert for Northlands at Whangerei, that I cant remember ,must have been OK. Because Pauls Cousin Bob and wife Ceclity wife had driven the 300 km to Hamilton for the concert which proved that Radio NZ Steinway matches its lovely surroundings.
I was drunk with emotion – so much that I cannot remember the performance except that I was very happy – I’m told it went very well – I guess the film will show .

No comments: